Servo Dynamic Universal Testing Machine
Dynamic Hydraulic Universal Testing Machines which are used in a variety of tests like tension compression flexure fatigue (low cycle fatigue / high cycle fatigue / fatigue crack propagation ASTM E647), fracture mechanics (K1c per ASTM E399, J1c, CTOD per ASTM E-1290), damping properties and vibration testing.
Our test systems are designed for conducting tests at ambient temperature, elevated temperature (high temperature fatigue characterization) and low temperature. Test speed range slow strain rate testing (typical of corrosion interaction)(1 x 10 -7 /s strain rate) high strain rate testing (flow deformation studies).(150 /s true strain rate)
The testing machines are fitted with servo-controlled pumps that come in two versions: hard-wired autonomous control with electronic setting of operating high and low pressure. Operating pressure is set with the convenience of on-screen graphics user interface.
Technical features of our hydraulic materials test systems are:
- Metals, composites and polymers.
- Low cycle fatigue (as per ASTM E606) .
- Fracture mechanics including fatigue crack growth (as per ASTM E647 and E1820).
- Room temperature and high temperature testing.
- Testing in corrosive media.
- Fully self -contained test system packaged for easy relocation and movement.
- Load frame on vibration isolators.
- No additional utilities required. Simply plug into 3- phase mains and commence testing.
- 0 to 100 Hz cycling frequency. Vibration isolators for quiet operation.
Variety of add- on fixtures and transducers, all supported by single - platform packaging: self- aligning hydraulic LCF grips, extensometers, pulsed, reversible p.d. unit, etc
Advantages Of Test System
- Hydraulic grips with side insertion of specimen and provision for threaded adapter to screw on other grips including compression platen, clevises and 3-pt bend.
- Self-aligning hydraulic grips for LCF testing that preclude the need for manual fixture / load train alignment process
- Electronically controlled variable flow and variable pressure pumps in the 4 to 100 LPM range.
- Contamination insensitive servo-hydraulics. Direct drive servovalve avoiding need for contamination sensitive pilot stage.
- 20-65 LPM pumps: Fiber-glass sound isolation and dust insulation enclosure.
- 24-bit data acquisition with digitally programmable signal conditioning including hardware gains and offsets, coupled with 32-bit software gains and offsets.
- Expandable to 32 channels of servo control
- Expandable to 80 channels of signal conditioning and data acquisition to suit LVDTs, strain bridges, accelerometers and high level external signals. Fully synchronous data acquisition across all acquired channels
- Up to 64 channels of digital input and output with FET option
- Option of modular expansion capability from 1 to 32 control channels and from 4 to 80 channels of signal conditioning / data acquisition
- Compatibility with legacy sensors and actuators to enable retrofits
- Program functionality permitting concurrent tasks to share real-time data
- Extensive graphics capability with virtually unlimited number of graphics windows. All graphics settings are saved for next session
- Real-time interface with MS-Office
- High performance application development capability through MS-Office macros
- Open source application software that permits user to change existing code and add new functionality
- Capability for multiple tasks to concurrently handle ongoing test.
- Capability for real-time debugging of new application software
- Option of 24-month Warranty on entire supply with the exception of consumables (oil, filter, paper and ink)
- Free upgrades on all existing software as new versions appear
- Free phone and e-mail consulting during Warranty and under AMC
- I-Support. Option of Internet based remote control, tuning and diagnostics
Advantage to user
- Other grips can be mounted without the inconvenience of removing hydraulic grips
- Less experienced technicians can set up LCF test without the fear of misalignment
- Continuous adjustment of pump flow to satisfy instantaneous requirement of pressure and flow. This ensures minimum energy is consumed to deliver required performance, minimizes oil heating and therefore reduces cooling requirements by up to 60%. A “Green” solution.
- Low life-cycle cost as expensive replacement parts are avoided.
- Provides aesthetic appearance. Considerably reduces pump noise and permits location of pump next to operator area.
- User assignable floating range in engineering units of preferred choice. Highest commercially available resolution on data acquisition.
- Large control channel count permits testing of large structures with up to 32 actuators to accurately simulate load/displacement distribution under static and dynamic conditions
- Combining test controls with large synchronized channel count in data acquisition eliminates the need for a separate data acquisition system. The additional channels can be used to collect strain/displacement/acceleration response from the structure that is time synchronized with applied load
- Permits the activation and status sense of a large number of external devices and literally converts the controller into a user programmable logic controller. FET option enables sinking of up to 2A current for direct activation of solenoids.
- Minimum cost of acquisition and growth. User gets to benefit from familiarity with existing test system
- Controller electronics are 100% compatible with most industry standard transducers including load cells, LVDTs, strain gages and MEMS accelerometers
- Thanks to Global Data Sharing (GDS) platform, realtime data are simultaneously “visible” to virtually unlimited tasks participating in test control and data acquisition. Addition of greater functionality will not degrade software performance
- Graph software permits real-time visualization of any combination of up to 128 channels of available DAQ channels on any number of re-sizeable and user configurable graphics screens
- GDS based interface with MS-Office permits realtime transfer of acquired data into MS-Office environment including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access. Requires MS-Office License
- MS-Office VB macros can be used to develop new GDS application software without performance Overheads
- Reduces dependence on vendor and gives flexibility to power users wishing to change, adapt or enhance application software to suit their requirements. Frees user from licensing overheads
- Required for user to add new functionality to existing application without changing already existing code
- The ability to debug new real-time application functionality without intruding into an ongoing test considerably eases software development by less experienced programmers
- Reduced expenditure and increased confidence Level
- User is up to date and enjoys continuous support
- Reduced operational overheads
- Does not require Service Engineer visit. Requires License to enable I-Support